[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Portent Alliance • View topic - The Shadow of a Shared Heart

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Post subject: The Shadow of a Shared Heart
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:49 am 
Seer

The whisper of the screams through the wind and rain made the his blood pump faster. Kumori hugged the railing of the ship as the waves tossed it from side to side, the wind and rain beckoned him to join them in the sea. He had to redeem himself for all the times his sister saved his life. As that thought flashed through his mind, he turned to see the horror on Amaya's face just before the faded all his regrets with a sharp stabbing cold through every inch of his body.

As he opened his eyes to the stinging welcome of the sand and salt in them, he heard a loud hissing sound as though some gnomes invention was about to explode. Kumori sat up as much as he could before Norrath met him sharply again. Strange voices and what seemed like laughter surrounded him. He finally made it to his knees only to notice the three large Iksar holding crude axes all about him.

Soon, all three iksar were face down in the sand, and Kumori was even more worried what this troll was going to do to him now. "I don't taste good, I promise. And Im all waterlogged....(shielding himself with his arms) Please don't eat me!!!" The Troll looked at Kumori curiously "My name Urlacan, I help you." in a strange deep squeeky almost melodic voice.

Kumori stood up and thanked the Troll, he had never met a troll and didn't think he would ever be thanking one either. Kumori wenced when he saw the needles sticking from the tops of the Trolls brow to the bottom of the eye sockets. He did not understand how anyone could do this to themselves.

Urlacan noticed the displeased look on Kumori's face "Mother use to punish me when I tried to sing. Says it not good for Trolls to sound like elf vomit. So she punished me everytime by piercing me with needles. It don't hurt so much any more."

Kumori turned to look out at the ocean and wondered where and if Amaya is alive...."Will I ever see her again?" a small whisper slipped from his heart. He could only hope and grow stronger so that he could find her again, no matter what life she might be in.....

Offline Profile