[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Portent Alliance • View topic - Child of Marr: The Story of Korguss Truemace

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Post subject: Child of Marr: The Story of Korguss Truemace
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:42 pm 
Oracle

“Elder, we have prepared the walls as you instructed,” a battle scarred Froglok said from beneath his plate helm. “The walls will hold, yes?” he asked, a twinge of desperate hope slipping into his voice.

The wrinkled old cleric turned to face him. His once vivid blue skin was now pale and splotchy, and his red eyes were cloudy and white with cataracts. Even with unseeing eyes, his gaze was fixed upon the paladin before him as he leaned on his staff. “No…” he croaked softly. “The walls will not hold, young one. The walls will not hold, and Gukta will be lost.”

The paladin’s eyes filled with sorrow, “Then… all is already lost?”

“No, young one. From the sacrifices of the defenders, many will escape the Rallosian army’s grasp. Fear not. Though many of Marr’s children will fall, we will not be so easily expunged from the face of Norrath.”

“I understand,” said the paladin, rising to his feet. “Marr has trials ahead for us. As he always has.”

“Indeed he does,” the old cleric replied. “Now go and join your unit on the wall. They will be coming soon.”

The paladin snapped off a salute and hopped from the room. The old Froglok turned back to the window, looking out of it with blind eyes. He reached into a pouch at his belt and removed a small vial of clear liquid with silver runes etched into the glass. It was sealed on both ends, with no visible means of opening it.

“My time grows short,” he said quietly to himself. “The sacrifices I have made for unnaturally long life… Marr forgive me, but it had to be done.”

He held the vial up to his face, as though he could still see it. “It is time I returned to my family.”

Gripping the vial tightly in his webbed hand, he began to chant an incantation. As the arcane words rolled from his mouth, the vial began to glow with increasing intensity. Then the final words were spoken…

“Through space. Tempus frangit. Through time. Tempus frang-AH!”

…and the old cleric was gone.

Offline Profile