[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Portent Alliance • View topic - A terrible tragedy and new beginnings

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Do you feel this is a good stopping point for my story?
Yes. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I think there is a possibility for a further storyline. 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: A terrible tragedy and new beginnings
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:49 pm 
Seer

One night in the warm summer breeze I awoke startled and drenched in sweat. I turned to see a dark elf startled at the scream that had echoed from my mind. Lyascein said nothing, instead she lead me to the table and made tea. She knew what I had dreamt but did not know how much I saw. So I told her.

Somewhere in Norrath

Six friends were in the midst of a battle in a death drenched dungeon. They seemed to be searching for something when all of the sudden the Oggre necro turned to the entrance and ran while yelling something. The Dark Elf shadow knight began chasing him yelling curses at him as they both dissappeared down the corridor. Distracted, the High Elf paladin turned just in time to see the Iksar monk lunge in front of him catching the blade of the necros pet in her chest. She slump to the ground no longer moving. The pet soon turned on the Vah Shir that had just returned from scouting ahead and was followed by a number of creatures. The skeletons knife pierced the Vah Shirs arm but was soon taken down. They had to flee before the High Elf cleric could help the iksar.

Suddenly in a forest

The two High Elves and the Vah Shir were walking when they were suddenly surrounded by Iksars. As if feeling the same wave of deceit the wheeled around simultaneously as the Oggre shouted "They are the ones who killed your daughter, take your vengence."At these words the Iksar jumped into the air bringing their swords crashing down on the party.

As I sat there, my eyes burning from the horrible memory, I looked up to see Lyascein crying as well. She passed me a cup of tea and began to tell me of my parents tragedy.

"Marla and Phynix, your parents, hated no race. They showed this by their beloved circle of friends; Rysque the regal Vah Shir, Krytia the honorable Monk, Grundle the headstrong Oggre, and Sardeau the (sobbing) loving Shadow Knight. For many seasons they searched for an item that to this day I still have not found out about. One day in a dungeon crawl Grundle found something on the monster he had just killed and ordered his pet to attack Phynix as he ran out. Sardeau made it out behind him just befor he blocked the entrance. Fataly wounded and left for dead, Sardeau was able to unblock the entrance before he died."

She began to cry uncontrollably but fought to regain enough composure to tell the rest.

"They sat out for Cabilis after hearing the Oggre had been sighted in Warslik Woods. That day you were left in my care. A few days later a Ranger to tell me of the tragedy that had befallen them. He saw how distraught I was and offered to take you to Felwithe. I told him that I would look after you, not only as the son of Marla and Phynix, but as my own. In your dream you saw the fight as they told me. I had to change your name, for if the Oggres or Iksar ever heard it then you would be killed on sight. I knew one day that you would find out about it and when that day came I would have to let you go."

(she handed me a rolled up parchment)

"I know, without hearing, that you want to follow in your fathers footsteps. Take this to the Paladin Guildmaster in Felwithe and you shall be taken in with open arms."

As I walked away with a sadness in my heart; not only of my parents and their friends; but for leaving behind Lyascein, we both seemed content on where our path had parted and knew that we would see each other again one day.

And this, my friends, is where my journey begins......

Last edited by Reavyn on Sat May 15, 2004 4:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:49 pm 
Seer

*Standing at his dresser looking into the mirror, he picks up the blank parchment. Sighing deeply he grabs the ink and quill and sits down at the table*

Dear Lyascein,

It has been a while since we last saw one another and I miss you greatly. My first day as a Paladin I was shown the secret of Laying Hands and was quickly sent off on my first mission. I arrived in Qeynos to meet up with a Cleric and another Paladin to help with the skeleton armies outside the gates. I began to fall for the Cleric of the course of my first five Blessings from Tunare. It was as if we knew each other from another life. But I quickly found out that there is much more to learn about being out in this world than fighting. One night I was exhausted and had to retire early, she said that she was going to stay up a bit longer and clear some of the rodents out. I thought nothing of this and bid her a goodnight. As I was about to fall asleep I bolted upright as a horrible feeling ran up my spine. I grabbed my sword and ran outside. There were numerous skeleton about. I soon came to a place with a few shattered skeleton littering the ground. They were covered in blood and Seera was no where to be found. I looked everywhere I could that night, I even traveled back to Felwithe to see if she had returned there but no one had seen or heard from her. The first true lesson I learned out here was that sometimes people just don't come back.

I wondered alone for many moons thinking of Seera. I knew that I would never be able to follow in my fathers footsteps. One day I was killing some orcs, a lonely bard approached me and asked if he could join. I thought nothing of it but said yes anyways. We soon became great friends and were invincible together. Nothing stood very long when we fought together. Tunare Blessed me many times as we fought along side each other. One day into my Twenty-Fourth Blessing I joined a random group for a dungeon crawl. I had many worries about this. Not knowing any of them and thinking of that fatal night my fathers group was betrayed, but I went along anyways. There was a female Iksar in the group that did not want me there but she held her tongue for the others. The fight was a huge success, but as we were leaving some strange force would not let her exit the dungeon. I quickly saw flashbacks of that night once again and decided I would stay behind with her to make sure she was safe until she could leave. She didn't seem to keen on the idea of a High Elf Paladin wanting to protect her but once again she did not argue. It made my heart race when she praised me for my kindness as we were on our way back to the Wayfarers camp in Butcherblock Mountains. When I heard this I truly felt like someone again. I then vowed that no one would be left behind, I would give my life if that is what it took. I have begun to notice slowly that my feet are beginning to walk the same path that my father took.

I hope to see you again really soon. I have missed you very much, but I am also happy to be able to meet so many new people. I shall come home soon to visit you mother.

With the truest love from a Paladin,
Reavyn

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:49 am 
Seer

He runs into the room grabbing the parchment, quill, and ink and quickly begins writing

Dear Lyascein,

I know I just wrote you yesterday, but I just had to tell you that it is now my Twenty-Fifth Blessing and I have just been asked to go to the Estate of Unrest. I am so thrilled to be able to get a chance to slay some of the undead (anything except these little skeleton in Greater Faydark). I have heard many stories of the Unrest and feel I am trained well enough to handle it. Well I have to go for now but I will be back to finish the letter so I can let you know how it went.

Placing the parchment in the sun on his dresser leaving the quill and the ink on the table, he grabs his sword and bags and runs out slamming the door. The bottle of ink tips over and rolls to the edge of the table spilling all the ink onto the floor.

An Hour Later inside the Estate of Unrest Reavyns voice echos through the yard

TRAIN COMING THROUGH, PLEASE GET OUT QUICK!!!

Followed by several of the undead the party runs quickly towards the tunnel when all of the sudden they run into an oggre completely blocking their retreat. As he falls to the grounds he hears the horrible laughter ringing in his ears

Uhhh....Where....Where am I...Lyascein, is that....is that you.
Reavyns turns his head, unable to get up from the bed, to see Lyascein look as bad as he feels. What....Whats wrong...Mother? Lyascein gives a weak smile. It has been far too long since I have heard that. Im afraid that my strength is quickly departing me. I have been watching over you and I am very proud to see that you are following in your fathers footsteps. I feel the time has come to give you something very special, your fathers armor. I hope that it will protect you well. Lyascein hugs Reavyn for the last time. My time in this world is up...my son. Although I will no longer be here in body I shall always be at your side in spirit. Lyascein begins to cast her healing spell one last time. No Mother don't. I can heal myself. Reavyn tries to sit up but is unable to move. Please mother don't.......NOOOOO!!!!!! As the words echo through the house and his body is surrounded by a brilliant blue aura, Lyascein lets out her last breathe and falls to the floor.

A few hours later

Lyascein's body rests comfortably on the bed holding flowers that match the soft blue tone of the Dark Elves skin. I bid thee a found farewell Lyascein. You have taught me so many things, and I know my father and mother would have been proud of you. As he picks up the last piece of armor from the table he notices that it belonged to Lyascein. He places her most cherished bracer on his wrist as he sheds a single tear I will never forget you mother. I will return to see you soon. Opening the door to the cool crisp air of the Stonebrunt Mountains, he turns and casts a spell. He slowly walks away from the burning home to return to Felwithe.

A few days later

He walks into his room to find the letter he had so anxiously written and notices the glob of sticky ink that had found its way to the floor. He grabs a new bottle of ink, the quill, and a black leather-bound book and sits wearily at the table. Opening the book to the first page, he begins to write.

Lyascein, My Dearest Journal....

As he finishes writing down the burdens of the last couple of days, he stands and blows out the candle before collapsing of exhaustion on the bed.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 3:10 am 
Seer

Sitting at the table staring at what appears to be his own handwriting, but can not seem to remember any of this strange tale. Closing the journal, he stands and begins to pack all his belongings.

I am sorry Guild Master, but I can't stay here any longer. These things I have written down confuse me. I can't remember any of them so I must go find out the truth. I thank you for all you have taught me and I shall try to use the knowledge to help those in need.

As he leaves Felwithe, he takes one last look and knows that it will be a long time before he returns. He turns and heads to the Plane of Knowledge to begin his long journey to Stonebrunt. Arriving in the Plane of Knowledge he speaks to no one, but instead briefly stops to buy food and water only and leaves for Toxxulia Forest. That night he sets up camp in Paineel near the entrance to the Warrens and falls asleep fast.

I want to come with you papa. I never get to go. Tugging on his mothers robe. Mama, tell papa to let me go. Marla kneels down to hug her son. Im sorry Phynix, but this trip will not be so easy on us. We would rather you be safe in case there is any danger. Standing up and taking him by the hand they continue through Stonebrunt Mountains invisble You will be staying with Lady Lyascein, a good friend of ours. She is very kind and I'm sure she will even let you visit the Kejekan city so you will have other children to play with.

Arriving at a house high in the mountains, Phynix's father knocks on the door. A Dark Elf with long white hair answers the door. With a very shocked look, her eyes meet the little boy's. Lyascein, we need to ask a favor of you. We need you to watch our son Phynix. Lyascein's eyes look back to Marla. I had no idea you and Phynix had a son. Nevertheless I will watch him for you. Why is it you look so serious? Is there something wrong? Marla and Phynix glance at each other as he speaks We must travel to Cabilis to reconcile with the Iksar. It seems there have been some false tellings of how Krytia had died. Phynix's voice trails off a bit. We have also heard that grundle has been spotted in Warslik's Woods. If this is the case then we must confront him and take his head. We will return in a week. Thank you again Lyascein. As they leave Lyascein hugs them and wishes them a safe journey. Little Phynix runs after them and wraps his arms around his mother's leg. Mama, I wanna go. I can fight. I can be just as strong as papa. Let me go, PWEEEAAASSSEEE. Phynix kneels down and hugs his song. If your good I will bring you back some gnome armor. Little Phynix snaps a little salute to his parents. I promise to be good and listen to Lady Lyascein. Quickly coming out of the salute he places his hands on his hips. Your not gonna forget this time are you? Marla giggles as Phynix pats his son on the head. I won't forget this time, I promise. Farewell and be good.

A couple of days later there is a knock at the door. Phynix pokes his head in the back door and tries to listen to what Lyascein and the strange man in green are saying, but could not. The man brings a box in and sets it under Lyasceins bed then leaves. With the curiousity of a child Phynix runs in. Lady Lyascein, what's that? Gleaming a big smile. Is that my armor papa promised me? He didn't forget. Scanning the house But where's mama and Papa? They're back aren't they? All of the sudden there is another knock at the door. A strange man wearing a blue robe enters the house. He talks to Lyascein for a bit then walks over to Phynix. Hello mister. Have you seen my mama and papa? The strange man then mutters some words, Phynix then falls to the floor only hearing the last word the man spoke. FORGET!

The next day Lyascein sits at the bedside placing a wet towel to Phynix's head. The little boy opens his eyes and slowly tries to sit up. Reavyn.....Your awake. I was so worried....my son.

As Reavyn awakes just outside the Warrens drenched in sweat, he begins to weep. After a little while of staring into the small pool, he grabs his things and heads off into the Warrens.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:10 am 
Seer

Arriving at the gates of the Kejekan city, Reavyn removes his invisibility. As he walks in he is soon greated by a group of children all hugging him at once. One child stays back a little ways looking as though she is about to cry. Reavyn quickly hugs the group of children and sends them on their way. Walking up to the lone child, he kneels down and gently raises her chin to look into her eyes.

Is the something wrong little one? He says in a worried tone. The child begins to cry and quickly wraps her arms around him tightly. I didn't think you would ever come back Mr. Reavyn. Mother said not to worry, but I couldn't stop thinking you were...she squeezes him tighter....dead. He caresses her back as a single tear runs down his cheek. Its ok now. I promise I will come back more often. He gently pulls her back and looks into her eyes. Right now I need to speak to Khonza though, but afterwards I will spend the rest of the day with you. I have some interesting tales to tell you about if you wish to hear them. She quickly wipes the tears away with her paws as her ears perk up. REALLY!!!!! I would love to. He kisses her on the forehead and stands up. Could you tell me where I could find (his voice trails off as his eyes meet a Kejekan standing in a doorway) Khonza. Reavyn walks over to the Kejek still not sure who any of them are. Khonza? Khonza Ayssla? Not at all shocked by Reavyn's lack of memory, the Kejek invites him inside.

I was wondering how long it would be before you found your way back here. Miranda has not gone a day without worrying that you may never return. Even though you left only a year after she came into this world, she still remembers you more so than most of us. Politely interrupting, Reavyn takes a seat on the floor. I am sorry, but I cannot recall any of you. However, I do know that if I can find out anything about my past this is where I would have to start. I just recently discovered this etched into the bracer that my guardian had given me at her death. Taking off the bracer that belonged to Lyascein, Reavyn turns it over to reveal the words Seek out Khonza Ayssla. This is why I am here. In the hopes that you may be able to shed some like on my past. Khonza walks over to the dresser and pulls out a rolled up piece of parchment. I do not think you are ready to handle the truth, but it is not my place to keep your past from you. I was told to give this to you if you ever sought me out to find the truth. Khonza hands Reavyn the parchment. Hesitating at first, Reavyn unrolls the parchment and begins to read in disbelief.

Dear Reavyn,

I wrote this shortly before you awoke to find yourself at home on the day that I ressurected you from you battle in the Estate of Unrest. I thought it would be time to tell you the truth, but I was too weak after Ressurection you to tell you everything.
I was never aware that Phynix and Marla had a child, that is until they showed up at my door with you on the day they went to their death. After the death of my love I stopped talking to them. I even blamed them for what had happened to Sardeau. It was I who who gave Grundle the idea to set up a trap to have them killed. I also was the one who told the Iksar that your parents were to blame for Krytia's death. When they showed up on my doorstep with you, however, I began to regret all that I had done. I knew no matter what I could not stop them. Even if I told them about everything, they still would have went. I arranged to have a Ranger follow them so that he could return you fathers armor for you to wear one day. I also arranged for him to bring an enchanter back with him so that your memory could be wiped. I did this because I needed to change your name so that you would not be in any danger.

Pausing for a moment as the anger built up inside, his eyes began to burn as he clenched the parchment. He fought to continue.

I want you to know that I truly did love you as a son, and I will always regret what I did. I know you will probably never forgive me for the things I have deprived you of, but I did try my best to raise you the way your parents would have. I know wiping your memory may seem like a bad action on my part, but I wanted you to have a clean, safe start. And on the day when you were ready, you would seek out Khonza. There was not a day that went by where I did not love you with all my heart. I hope you can forgive me.

Love,
Lyascein

Dropping the parchment to the floor, he slowly stands up completely in shock. Filled with so much rage he isn't sure what to do. He starts to unsheath his sword to kill the closest thing, but is interrupted by a pair of small eyes peeking in from the crack of the door. Without looking at Khonza, he walks to the door. I have a promise to keep right now, but when I return you will tell me everything you know and why you did not seek me out. He opens the door and pats Miranda on the head as he smiles. Now, what kind of story would you like to hear? He spent the rest of the day with Miranda as if nothing at that moment mattered more to him than the happiness of that child.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 2:41 am 
Seer

Waking in the middle of the night, Reavyn packs his things. As he heads out he sees Kohnza waiting for him at the gates. I will return when I feel I am ready to know the truth, farewell for now. Khonza watches as Reavyn heads off down the pant.

Ending up in Butcherblock Mountains, he heads to the Wayfarers camp seeking out small jobs. He soon joins small groups to rid the many dungeons of Norrath from evil. Every night he could be seen sending out letters trying to find the whereabouts of his friend Sildaven. Many seasons went by, and on the day of his thirty-first Blessing he recieved a letter. Sitting down by the fire, he began to read.

Dearest Reavyn,

I fear that it is my duty to inform you of the tragedy that has befallen our friend Sildaven. The Bard of many tunes was killed by a group of rencondite bandits while we were having some drinks. He gave his life to save mine, but I fear they are still after me. Please do not try to find me. I would not want you to be in danger.

Your Friend,
Tumuasy

Staring, confused, at the blood splatterd parchment, a tear rolls down his cheek landing on the the letter. All of the sudden everything goes black. Straining his eyes he suddenly sees Tumuasy sitting by a glowing orb writing a letter....to him. As she signs her name five bandits suddenly appear behind her. Reavyn tries to intervein but is unable to do anything. Tumuasy suddenly whirls around with the note still in her hand. Her chest is greeted by five daggers. As blood splatters she falls lifeless to the ground. One of the bandits picks up the letter and reads it. Upon finishing it, he turns to one of the other bandits. Take this to a courier. This person should know what has happened to his friends.

The note slowly floated into the fire and turned to ash. As he packed his gear, Reavyn was asked to join a dungeon crawl. He agreed that he would do one last one and then set off. He noticed right away that the wizard, Ailinea, did not want him there. She bit her tongue since it was her friend Sarephine that asked him to join. After completing the dungeon they met back in Butcherblock to split the loot. Reavyn was quite surprised when the wizard praised him for his work in the dungeon. Saying their goodbyes, Reavyn headed to Paludal Caverns to take care of the bandits that had killed his friends.
That night he stayed in ShadowHaven. He was quite surprised that wasn't the only thing he was thinking. He couldn't seem to get that wizard off his mind. He wondered if their paths would some day cross again. That morning as he made his way to the caverns he made the decision to seek out the wizard once his task here was done.
He found the bandits behind a camp and, without a word, he killed them all. He took two of the insignia rings and left. Without stopping to rest that night he arrived in Greater Faydark and buried the rings under the tree where he had first met Sildaven and Tumuasy. The next morning, Reavyn made his way back to Butcherblock to seek out Ailinea. Not knowing why, he felt like there was something he needed to help her with.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:44 am 
Seer

Arriving at the Wayfarers camp, Reavyn immediately started joining other adventurers to help clean the dungeons. Meeting many people, he rarely became more than just another adventurer to them. He did, however, become fast friends with two clerics. Sarephine and Karismah showed many of the same traits that he could remember in his mother.
One day, while searching for a party to join, he ran into Ailinea again. This time she seemed a bit happier to see him. After cleaning a dungeon they sat and talked for a while. She told him of her past and he finally learned why she had harsh feelings against him the first time they met. They soon became close friends.
One day, while Reavyn was on a quest in South Karanas, he met many of the members in a Coven called Daughters of Nocturnae. Because of the generosity he showed them by offering the Pegasus Cloak if he found it before them, they asked him to join their coven. He sent a message to Ailinea of the news and got a very fast reply. She told him that she had hoped that he would join her family. Upon reading this he became very happy. That was what he had wanted also. Almost as soon as he replied, she sent him directions to the Omen Hall.
Standing outside the door to the great hall, he began to read their Creed. A bit disappointed at the fact that he could only see into the past, he hesitated. Opening the door, his heart was overjoyed to see so many Vah around. Like the Kejekans, he highly respected the Vah. Walking in, he kneeled down infront of everyone and introduced himself.

As the sun shown down on his face, he sat up and stretched.
Well, atleast the dreams have been ending happy as of late. He jumps down from his tree and goes to his room. Today seems as good as any I suppose. Stretching again, he begans to pack a few things and puts his armor on. Knocking on Ailinea's bedroom door he suddenly remembers.. Uhh...Thats right. She won't be back for a few days. Well I guess I could leave her a letter just in case. He returns to his room and begins to write her a letter....

Dear Ailinea,

Iam writing this letter just incase something happens to me. I have just recently recieved my Fifty-fourth Blessing from Tunare and I feel it is time that I find out the whole truth of my past. I am leaving to go see Khonza in Kejek today. As of lately I feel like I am being watched, and I believe it might be Grundle. If I do not return please let everyone know what has happened.
I thank you for being my dearest friend and hope that we see each other again.

Your Protecter,
Reavyn

Folding the parchment, he returns to her room and slips it under the door. Then he pulls out his last invis potion and drinks it as he sets off.

Arriving on the outskirts of Paineel, his invis potion wears off. As he approaches the cave to the Warrens an Ogre steps out...followed by a skeleton.

We finally meet, Son of Phynix. Says the ogre, as he approaches. Reavyn quickly draws his Fiery Avenger. You must be the one who killed my parents, NOW YOU DIE!!!!!!! As Reavyn lunges forward, the skeleton jumps infront of Grundle. Anticipating this, Reavyn swings his sword hitting the skeleton twice. Surrounded in flames and flashes of light, the skeleton crumbles to the ground. NOW YOU WILL FEAR ME!!!! Shouts the ogre as he casts a spell. Reavyn just stands before the ogre laughing. No wonder you needed Iksar to help kill my parents. Reavyn walks up to Grundle and bashes him in the chest. The ogre falls to the ground in pain and disbelief. Now lets see how strong a Necromancer is without all the spells you have cast on you. As the purple light fades from around the Grundle, Reavyn stumbles backwards. Your a Eru...Erudite? Grundle rises to his feet. You are the first to see my true form since I was a kid, Now you die PALADIN. As he casts a spell Reavyn swings his sword as hard as he can. As Grundles head falls to the ground Reavyn feels a sharp pain in his back and passes out.

Hearing the sound of a small child crying, Reavyn opens his eyes to see Miranda sobbing by his side. Mi...Miranda... Miranda's ears perk up as she raises her head. REAVYN!!! I thought you were going to die. She pounces him, hugging him tightly. Trying to forget about the writhing pain coming from his back, he sits up and pats Miranda on the head. It will take more than a small wound to get rid of me. Khonza walks over laughing and throws a forked spear on the bed beside Reavyn. I you think that going completely through you is a small wound then Tunare has truly Blessed you my friend. Straightening up, Reavyn takes on a more serious tone. Khonza, you know why I was on my way here. Please tell me what you know of my past. Khonza sits down beside Reavyn and looks down at him with a wise face. Reavyn, You know all about your past. Nothing is hidden anymore. The past has come and gone, you can not do anything about it but mourn, and that will do nothing for you. You have become stronger than your father , it is now time you became as compasionate.

Returning home, with Khonza's words still ringing in his ear, Reavyn sits down for a bite to eat. Looking up from his food he sees the two Ogres that just recently joined the Family. Setting down his fork, he walks over to the Ogres and kneels before them. I would like to apologize to you for the hatred I have had of Ogres. I offer my services to you if you should ever need them. I hope you can forgive me. As he rises to his feet he welcomes them to the family. I am sorry that I can't stay longer right now, but there is an item that continues to elude me. He bows kindly before the Ogres and walks out the door without a worry on his mind.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:27 am 
Seer

Having been jolted awake by the disturbing nightmare, Reavyn walks downstairs to notice how empty the Hall seems to be tonight. Slowly, he makes his way to the bar to make some drinks. "Maybe this will drowned these new nightmares out for a while." Taking up the several shots of Bleeding Brains he has made, he drinks them one by one. Sitting there, with his head on the bar, he begins to count the shot glasses. He barely makes it to nine when they appear to start doubling in number. He passes out....

Reavyn and his wife Sita walked through the bazaar with their sun Kes trailing slowly behind. Kes resembled his mother in many ways. He seemed to be a pure breed Vah, though only half of him was. His striking resemblance to his mother often made people think that Reavyn was not his father. Walking around wide-eyed and amazed at everything and everyone that he passed, he was so happy his parents had brought him along this time. They soon found the foods they were looking for and left the bazaar. Entering the Nexus, Kes took off at full speed. He had never been there before. Only passed through it earlier unable to look around. He watched eagerly as one of the Scion's started to cast a spell, but he got too close and was ported to the Plains of Karana. Relizing that the Scion on the other side would watch him while they waited for the next portal to open, they sat down.

Kes' ears perked up as he appeared in the Northen Plains of Karana. He looked around for a moment trying to take everything in, but the Scion caught sight of him and noticed he was alone. She called for a guard to take him to the tower to wait for his parents, for the wasn't the first time a child had got caught in one of the portal spells in the Nexus. He soon caught sight of the stairs and broke away from the guard and ran all the way to the top. Seeing the Griffons from far away he stared in awe of them. He had never seen such a magnificant creature before. He had heard of them in the tales of his father, and they seems a bit more gentle than what he was told.

Suddenly, a commotion broke out and people started flooding into the Nexus, all running for the portal to the Plane of Knowledge. Looking a bit concerned, the guards and Scions tried to get everyone in order, but they soon began to panic also. Looking at each other with great concerns now, Sita and Reavyn begged one of the Scions to port them out but to no avail. They to ran for the Plane of Knowledge portal, Sita pushed Reavyn ahead, trying to get him closer to the Portal. Calling her warder, Zoe, she managed to knock some people out of the way. What ever the problem was, they knew they had to get to their son immediately. Holding Sita by the hand, Reavyn reached for the book. As the crowd began to push again, someone fell in between Reavyn and Sita, pushing Reavyn at the book.

Kes, mimmicking one of the guard, began to tire of his wait. He ran back up to the top of the tower and stared at the night sky. Knowing that he couldn't see Luclin, he stared into the void hoping to see a glimmer. He had been fixed on one spot for a long time, about to fall asleep. All of the sudden, a blinding flash filled the night air. Luclin had finally become visible, or rather what remained of Luclin.

That night, with the Scion of the Nexus now having nothing to do, she escorted Kes to Qeynos. She had explained what had happened, but instead of crying, he became angry and ran off into the dark streets of Qeynos. With only the memory of his mother and father, he found a dark corner and cried himself to sleep.

Reavyn awoke in the Plane of Knowledge, only to find out that he could not get out. Looking up at the shattered remains of Luclin, he began to weep for Sita. He made his way to the library, where he would spend the rest of his life, if necessary, to find a way back to his son.

Reavyn awoke on the cold bar, his head pounding from the many drinks he had had. Cleaning up his mess, he made his way to his room to get his gear. That night he vowed never to fall in love. He did not want his family torn apart as he had seen in his dream, but he sighed at the thought that that was one thing about the future that he would not be able to stop....

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:34 am 
Seer

As Reavyn reached the top of the hill, a big smile streaked across his face. "Maybe I can finally convince her into coming to the Omen Hall this time." With a joyful spring in his step, he made his way home. As he opened the door, Ailinea almost runs into him. Surprised, she stumbled back a step right into Budgie. "Sorry Reavyn, was in a hurry. I was on my way..." Before she could finish, Reavyn placed a Sand Verbena in her hair and kissed her on the cheek. Her face turns to crimson as Reavyn pats Budgie on the head and begins to whistle a tune as he makes his way to the hall. Flustered, Ailinea stumbles out the door on her way also.

Noticing everyone is out, Reavyn undresses and makes his way to the bath house carrying a bottle of Demi Sec Champagne. Slipping into the relaxing water, he takes a drink of wine and slowly drifts to sleep.

With the stoic look that stuck to his face, like the flame to his sword, Reavyn made his way to Stonebrunt Mountains. Staying clear of the village, like he had done the previous years on this day, Reavyn headed to the far northeastern corner. The sound of the waterfall matched the feeling of his crashing heart as he got closer. Just as he crossed the stream, not really paying attention to his surroundings, he stopped and dropped the flowers with a look of complete shock that was matched by the Dark Elf. “Lya.... Lyascein?” He stuttered. “Get away from me, you evil Paladin.” She shouted as she fell backwards. Confused, Reavyn stepped back and dropped his sword to the group. “I am not going to harm you, M’Lady. I was just surprised to see you, anyone out here.” Understanding that he was no threat, she stood up. “ My name is Nysse, and I was banished from Neriak. I was told this was a safe place to come.” Reavyn knelt down and picked up the flowers. “I am Reavyn, I was raised by a Dark Elf in the same place your house now stands. Forgive me if I startled you, I’ve only come to pay my respects to her.” They both walked to the hut in silence, and Nysse went inside as Reavyn knelt in front of a small hill off to the side of the small house.
That day, they kept each other busy with tales of their lives. Reavyn tried to keep his to a minimum knowing they were depressing, but Nysse wouldn’t hear of it. Reavyn was awed by her and found that, no matter how painful, he couldn’t help but answer all her questions. When she asked if he would come to visit again soon, he answered before she could even finish the question. The sparkle in their eyes did not diminish as they parted ways that night.

Reavyn awoke, took another drink, and climbed out of the water. “It seems like it was only yesterday when we first met. Fifteen winters sure come fast these days.” Reavyn climbed into bed that night to a peaceful sleep.

A few days later, Reavyn walked into the crowded den. As if aware of the over joyful Paladin, everyone’s gaze turned his way. “ I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be away for a few weeks.” Before anyone could ask any questions, Reavyn started back down the hall. Ailinea caught him in the hallway. “A Bard just left this urgent message for you. He said its from Khonza.” Reavyn opened the letter and began to read it. “So, when do I get to meet....” Ailinea stopped cold and took three steps back. “What’s...” she squeaked. “What’s wrong, Reavyn?” The sparkle in Reavyn’s eyes turned to fires that bode more dangerous than any dragon Ailinea had ever seen. Reavyn made his way to his room and collected his sword and helm, leaving all his bags behind. As he passed Ailinea in the hall, she grabbed his arm. He threw her a glare that was sharp enough to turn even the Gods to cowards. She quickly stumbled to the floor and threw her arms up in a reflexive block, but he was gone before she hit the floor. Ailinea rushed outside, but all she found was the letter. Horror washed her face of any color she might still have as she read the letter.

Quote:
Dearest Reavyn,

Please come to me straight away. I have some terrible news involving Nysse. Whatever you do, stay away from Neriak. I beg of you. Come at once.

Khonza

Ailinea rushed back inside as fast as possible, handing the note to Larh. “Entropus and Ceristes, please go with Larh to find Reavyn.” Before she could even finish her instructions, the three disappeared.
Reavyn ran through the guards, ignoring the cuts from their swords. As he entered the city, he disappeared from sight and headed toward the Third Gate district. As soon as he entered, his sword started flying. Overwhelmed and badly wounded, he cast LoH and continued fighting.
Larh, Entropus, and Ceristes entered the room to find Reavyn barely alive, kneeling on the floor and surrounded by Rogues. Entropus mezzed the room as Reavyn surrounded himself with a Divine Aura and glared at the Guildmaster. “ You killed Nysse and I will kill you for it.” In a voice that did not at all sound like Reavyn’s. Immune to the Enchanters spell, the Guildmaster laughed. “She was a traitor, and I’m quite sure Tar....” Before Reavyn could hear the rest, the Divine light faded and he found himself kneeling on the floor of the Omen Hall. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of Taryq. With a speed that only Bards could dream of, Reavyn sword swam through the air to extinguish Taryq’s smug look, right as Ailinea rushed to his side. All of Reavyn’s senses stormed open as he came face to face with Ailinea, pinned against the wall. The flames licked Ailinea as Ktok threw Reavyn’s, now unconscious, body out of the way, and pulled the sword from her belly.

Meiria sat at Reavyn’s bedside wondering what fate the officers would decide.

The officers meeting room was surrounded by an eerie silence as Ktok, Ailinea, Larh, Cyrie, Kaeleth, Lamorak, and Entropus sat in silent contemplation. “You saw the horrible look on his face when he saw it was me...” Ailinea pleaded. “ But we cannot ignore that it did happen.”Ktok replied. Cyrie stood up fast, knocking her chair to the floor “ We have to find out exactly what happened. Reavyn would never purposely harm Ailinea. She is like a sister to him. I WON”T SEE HIM KICKED OUT!!” argued Cyrie. Kaeleth replaced her chair and calmed her down enough to get her seated again. Entropus eyed Ktok to see his reaction to Cyrie’s outburst, then spoke calmly. “We will not kick him out. We won’t strip his rank either. None of us will abandon him in his greatest time of need.” Ktok nodded to Entropus and then looked to Ailinea. She was almost in tears. She wanted to rush to Reavyn, but was a little afraid to be near him right now. Larh sensed her insecurity and stood up. “I’ll go check and see how he is. Then I will go talk to Khonza.”

Meiria placed the warm, wet cloth on Reavyn’s forehead and gently stoked his hair. Griksh and Azra walked in and Griksh placed a paw on Meiria’s shoulder. “How’s he doing?” Azra asked, as she knelt down beside the bed. “ He’s just been mumbling about Nysse, but I can’t make out any of it.” Meiria sighed as she placed her hand on Griksh’s.

The fire rolled about the blade in magnificent waves as the gleaming metal slipped through the beautiful silk robe and into the stone behind her. Reavyn shot up in a cold sweat and stared at his hands. “Wha...What have I done?” with a horror-stricken expression he looked at Meiria. “ Do not worry. She is okay now.” Hearing Meiria’s words, Reavyn rushed out the door and down the hall.

Ailinea started to pack, but sighed and plopped down next to Budgie. “ I can’t face him right now. I have to go clear my head.” Tears start floating in her eyes. “ What’s wrong with me? I know he didn’t mean to. Why am I so afraid of him right now?” The tears started falling down her face. Suddenly, the door burst oped and Ailinea jumped to her feet. Seeing Reavyn standing there, she grabbed her spell book defensively. He rushed to her and wrapped her in a big hug. With the tears now flooding her face, she dropped the spell book and threw her arms around him. Khlarity and Shiari rush into the room to make sure everything is all right. Seeing the two in their forgiving embrace, they leave in silence, shutting the door behind them.

That night, Reavyn packed his bags for the long trip. He didn’t even look up when a knock came at his door. Ktok walked over to the cluttered bed and picked up the letter from Khonza. “ Are you sure your going to be all right?” Ktok asked with a concerned tone in his voice. “ I’m not going to do anything stupid, if that’s what your asking.” Reavyn shot back, defensively. “He is just concerned about you, Reavyn. As are all of us.” Said Kaeleth as he stepped up next to Ktok. Reavyn turned to see the whole family standing in his doorway. “ Do not worry. I will only be gone a week.” Choked Reavyn, as a single tear ran down his face. As Reavyn walked down the hill, the whole family stood outside waving to him, and wishing him a safe journey.

Offline Profile