[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Portent Alliance • View topic - Open RP Thread (Jez is Bored at Work)

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 am

Post subject: Open RP Thread (Jez is Bored at Work)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:41 pm 

On the whole, she'd have preferred any city in all of Azeroth, maybe even a couple in Outland, to Dalaran right now. Too many Allies. After watching Varian's maniacal outburst in the Undercity, seeing that shortsighted, arrogant bastard lunge at her Warchief, her general disdain for the species had descended into barely-restrained loathing. She had to remind herself at every turn that she'd hate to be held accountable if Vol'jin hauled off and did something foolish -- which was why she'd holed herself up in the back corner of the Filthy Animal in the Horde end of town. If forgoing her frequent tipsy repartee with a few certain dwarves in broken Common at the Legerdemain was what it took to keep her from kicking some innocent mage in the stomach, then so be it.

So here she sat, nursing a cup of frog-venom brew, her hair (plaited into halfhearted dreadlocks after she'd quit bothering to trim her mohawk up) falling in her face as she peered down at her scorpid. "S'bullshit, Mikey," she murmured, watching him fidget in her lap. "S'all a buncha bullshit."

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Open RP Thread (Jez is Bored at Work)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:47 pm 
Oracle

Ailinea meandered into the Filthy Animal, saw a familiar troll, and wandered over, dropping a stack of books on the table. Then Ailinea meandered into the Filthy Animal, saw a familiar troll, and wandered over, dropping an armful of assorted weapons beside the books before standing next to herself. Then Ailinea meandered into the Filthy Animal, saw a familiar troll, and wandered over, dropping a few satchels of clothes on top of the books and weapons before joining her twins.

Finally a cloaked and hooded figure meandered into the Filthy Animal, saw a familiar troll, and wandered over. She made a dismissive gesture with her hand and the three Ailineas staring expectantly at the troll suddenly dropped to the floor as though they died and disappeared.

The mage removed her hood, grinning at Jezriyah. "I found two new uses for Mirror Image! Temporary pack mules, and avoiding having to talk to certain people." She waved over one of the troll waitresses and put in an order for a glass of wine. "The only problem is, this place has changed so much I'm surprise my luggage didn't get lost." She glanced around quickly, taking in her surroundings, still chattering in the direction of the silent troll. "Yes, many changes. This place wasn't here before. Well, actually it was, but I believe it was a stable and storehouse. Just like those humans to make a snide maneuver like giving the Horde a stable to turn into our Inn. If anything, the humans running around the city haven't changed."

She gave a slight snort of indignation, then shrugged her cloak off her shoulders. "I still haven't told you about that, have I? I just escaped the library. AGAIN. There are some traditions that humans should allow to die."

Ailinea paused and took a breath, suddenly speaking in more sober tones compared to her perky entrance.

"You look like someone, ah, slipped you some bad ju-ju, Jez. I know Dalaran isn't exactly home to you, but it looks like you have something on your mind. And from the look on your face when I mentioned humans, I think I have an idea. Care to talk?"

"A hit is hard to resist, and I never miss. I can take you out with just a flick of my wrist." ~Garbage

"Look at me, guys! I'm a hunter! PEW PEW!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:28 am 

(Ack! I forgot to hit post on this before I left for the evening, sorry!)

Somewhere between the second and third Ailinea, Jez caught on, and the spectacle -- not to mention the orc bartender's puzzled stare from across the room -- had managed to put a weary smile on her face by the time her friend sat down. She sipped on her brew for a minute longer, letting Linny get her burst of chatter out, her expression sobering some by the time the elf had not only noticed her mood but plucked the reason for it straight out of her head.

"Ah's jes' doin mah best ta be fair in mah head," she said, her voice a bit deflated from its usual bouncy tones. "But s'right hard to try an' not judge a whole buncha people by the actions of one of 'em, when de one of 'em was doin' jes that ta you, yanno?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:58 pm 

(Continuing, because... still bored at work.)

She took a long gulp from her cup, leaning back. "Ah mean -- okay. You know me. Ah's curious, ah wanna know t'ings, yeah? Ah don' wanna jus' storm in somewhere an kill sompin', ah wanna know what ah's doin' an' why." She scooted over to give Mikey space as he crawled out of her lap onto the bench beside her. "So ah starts askin' around to find out what dere king be talkin' about, about arenas an' all. And ah kinda got figured out what happened, an' -- it's terrible. Can't blame him fer bein' angry, 'specially after wha' happened ta Bolvar at th'Wrathgate. Ah heard 'bout Bolvar before, he seemed like a stand-up guy. But... ah don' get de connection. How does some orc bein' a bastard ta him way back when turn into me an' Sylvanas needin' ta get run through on 'is sword? Ah used ta play wit' de little human orphans in Shattrat' jus' as much as de baby orcs, ah neva did a damn ta him."

She took a deep breath. "Yah, some orcs was horrible ta him, but Thrall saved mah people's lives. Saved MY life. Some of 'em be bad, some of 'em be good. Wha'so hard ta undastand about dat?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:09 pm 

(Hey guys bumping this with more RP cause I like the idea of Forum RP XD)

In the midst of the conversations around the Filthy Animal, a hooded figure enters the inn. Standing in the doorway for a moment scanning the room, breath can beed seen comming out of his hood as if breathing out in the bitter cold. He walks slowly up to the bar to the two of them, the temerature seems to drop as he gets closer. He unlinks his glowing blade covered with runes and leans it against the bar...not to far out of reach. He orders a drink from the barmaid, catching the last bit of the conversation. His drink comes, as he grasps the mug itself begins to frost. He takes a gulp from the chilled mug, exhales and responds...
"It's simple," he says in an echoing voice," The King wants the war between the Alliance and the Horde to continue for personal reasons, its just unfortunate that Arthas decided to wage war in the middle of it all..." He takes another sip from his glass," Then again... perhaps this could be a learning oppertunity for the Horde and the Alliance..."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:51 pm 

Jezriyah glanced over to Leo, a frown crossing her face. "So ah ain' the only one tinkin' he be a selfish bastard." She set her cup down. "So he could stand ta learn a lesson, sure. But what about de rest of us? Ah remembas fightin' some demon hunters outside de Black Temple in Outlan'... dey'd be duelin', in trainin', an' ya waits until dey beat each otha up good, an' den when dey stops ta rest, ya jump in an' finish 'em off. Das' 'xactly what Arthas be gonna do to us if we start actually havin' a war 'tweens us. An' what den? All damn life on Azeroth becomes Scourge because da king of da humans was an arrogant prick. How come him learnin' a lesson gotta end wit' all of us dyin'?"

She took another drink, fiddling with the leather straps hanging from her vest. "An' what in dis life or da next is we supposed to do about it? S'why I'm always workin' wit' your folks--" She gestured at Leoloren, indicating the Ebon Blade. "--up in Icecrown. Dey's the only people who can put aside de Horde an' de Alliance an' de Light an all dat kodo-droppings, and jus' say, hey, dere be a huge evil workin' heah dat wants ta destroy us, les' see if we can make it stop."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:28 pm 

Finishing his first round, he pushes the frozen mug forward and waves for his second. "To be honest, we do not see Horde or Alliace. We see one goal, vengence agaist the one who took our will..." The second round comes and he takes a big gulp and sighs a frozen fog, "Which is interesting to think about...should we succeed...what is to become of the Ebon Blade?" Dwelling on the thought for a moment, "Well, this isn't going to end anytime soon..." Noting his hood is still on he tosses it back, his hair falls a mess. He redoes his pony tail thinking only to himself *I could really use a scrunchy..*

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:24 pm 
Oracle

Ailinea quietly watches the banter between the two, lost in her own thoughts. She had also witnessed the human king's overzealous outburst. For all that she despised about humans before, he single-handedly assured her that no matter what her fallen Prince put Azeroth through over the past year and change, she no longer had any regrets in parting from the rest of the Quel'dorei and the Alliance to become a Blood Elf. Kael'thas over Wrynn any day.

She shook her head, returning from her reverie. "Well, simple question then. Revenge can carry you to your goal, but what after? What will you...ah...live for?" She blushes at her unintentional pun, hoping her friend takes no insult. "Do you long for some sense of normalcy, or will you go looking for the next battle?"

Ailinea pauses, tapping her empty glass with her forefinger. "Humans seem to bite the hand that feeds them, do they not? Introduce them to arcane magic, and we get a Medivh. Next thing you know, Malygos and the entire Blue Dragonflight wants to eradicate all mages. Arthas goes crazy and gets tapped...voila, Lich King coming to destroy us all. Wrynn might be insignificant in comparison, but I get the feeling he's following the pattern of leading his people toward doom."

She sighs and raises a hand to the barkeep, ordering another glass. "They have a death wish...good for them. But why do they have to keep dragging the rest of us into it?"

"A hit is hard to resist, and I never miss. I can take you out with just a flick of my wrist." ~Garbage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:31 pm 

"Mah point exactly." Jez wagged her finger. "Dere crazy ain' mah fault. We got our own crazy tah deal wit', it be a good day fer the Horde if we can keep Saurfang an' Hellscream from eatin' each other's faces. Why we gotta worry about what fresh hell they gonna wreak?"

She glanced back to Leo. "Ah tink de world could use more people dat ain't Horde or Alliance either way, really. Knock us both down a few pegs. Ah'm all fer Horde pride, ah love every onna you elfses an' Taurens an alla ya like you was mah own. But yanno, sometimes ya need ta realize we have biggah t'ings ta worry about. Ah ain' no fan of most de Alliance neidah, but de enemy of mah enemy, yanno? An' right now the Scourge is mah enemy more'n a buncha humans could evah be. Ah mean at least dere be such a ting as a sensible human, yanno? Ah met a couple of 'em that's aight. Ya can't really reason wit' an undead army bein' controlled by some maniac wit' a magic sword."

(My brain is going numb from this Troll creole, apologies if I slip out of it x_x)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:23 pm 
Oracle

Ailinea waved her hand dismissively. "I prefer to fight battles I can win right now. Don't get me wrong, I have every intention to go after Arthas. But to paraphrase Illidan, of all...people, I am not prepared. And I don't think many of us around here are, either. While cutting out the worst of our problems and then cleaning up the trash is certainly the best tactic, I get the feeling that King Wrynn will be like a nasty Warlock DoT that refuses to be dispelled. The question is, how badly will it weaken us before we get to face the real enemy?"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:46 am 

Shakes his head,"Hmph, you are forgetting that it is the Humans who feel responsible for Arthas. Everyone else is just sucked into their problem." Gulps down whats left of his round. "To think, one human could do all this to so many beings...Unfortunate for Arthas however..Naxaramas is open to a full scale attack..." He glances over to judge the reactions of the two.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:50 pm 

"Responsible? Coulda fooled me, way dey act like everyfin's our fault..."

Jezriyah's mutter was cut off at Leo's next statement. "Issit nah," she murmured, her voice lowering. "Ah hadn't been inta th'Dragonblight fer some time nah, I wouldan' know. But ah wouldn't be surprised, as hairy as everyfin's gettin' for 'im up in Icecrown. Ya tend ta wanna take th'dagger out ya chest before ya pulls the arrow out ya foot, yanno?" She took another deep drink. "An' it nevah be good enough fer him just to kill somebody. He makes a big production outta it, unveils some big ugly t'in that does varyin' good jobs ah beatin' us up. Ah mean he could walk up an' jes' take any of us apart when it got down to it, but he always gotsa show off."

She managed a slight smile, a little of the singsongy tone starting to return to her voice. "S'funny... how dat arrogance can be a burden or an opportunity, dependin' on what side of it ya be on. Mebbe dat ol' ice queen got more human left innim den we t'ought." She turned to face Leo. "Why you bring it up? Somebody gonna t'ink you be plannin' sompin', elfy."

Offline Profile